Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) Personal Information Protection Policy
Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (“R&I”) is pleased to establish and disclose the following Personal Information Protection Policy as its approach to address issues related to the protection of personal information and its fundamental principle on the handling of personal information.
- R&I recognizes the critical importance of the proper protection of personal information and, in performing its various services, will comply with laws and regulations, and other norms regarding the proper handling of personal information.
- R&I will acquire the personal information properly. R&I will notify and/or disclose the purpose of use of such personal information, and will not use it beyond the disclosed purpose of use except as permitted by law.
- R&I will educate and supervise all of its executives and employees so that they understand the critical importance of protecting the personal information and handle it properly.
- R&I will endeavor to prevent any unauthorized access to or any leakage of the personal information, and will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of personal information.
- R&I will not supply any personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual concerned, except as permitted by law.
- When outsourcing the handling of the personal information to other institutions, R&I will properly supervise the institutions concerned to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to protect personal information.
- R&I will install an office for processing inquiries and complaints about the handling of the personal information, and will establish procedures for disclosing or correcting it in accordance with the law.
- R&I will continually review and improve its management system including this Policy and efforts for protecting the personal information.
Personal Information Supervisory Manager
Rating and Investment Information, Inc.
Please refer to “Handling of Personal Information” for further details.